- 91.9% of the paper purchased in 2019 was environmentally certified, with 88.4% of its paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC® C019596).
- TPH’s 30,000 square foot head office is bullfrogpowered™ and uses 100% recycled paper stock.
- TPH offers solutions to help reduce waste, emissions and energy consumption including:
- Print on Demand lets customer print what only what they need when they need it, eliminating the need to place bulk orders that lead to more waste and increased energy consumption.
- The Print then Distribute model leverages the TPH national network to print products at the location closest to where the product is needed, which helps to reduce potential damage and cuts emissions from transportation.
- Through the Forest Farmer™ partnership, TPH’s environmental footprint is offset and Canadian forests are being restored. For each new Corporate Account opened, a tree is planted in a Canadian forest. To date, TPH has planted more than 6,698 trees.
- In 2019, we published our fourth annual Sustainability Report highlighting environmental initiatives and results.
- TPH is one of Canada’s Greenest Employers of 2019 for four consecutive years.
Other environmental initiatives
Canopy is a not-for-profit environmental organization dedicated to protecting forests, species and climate. Canopy has collaborated with more than 750 companies to develop innovative solutions, make their supply chains more sustainable and help protect our world’s remaining ancient and endangered forests. Canopy’s partners include H&M, Target, Penguin Random House, Zara/Inditex, TC Transcontinental, Guardian Media Group and Scholastic. Canopy recently launched Pack4Good, a new campaign to reduce packaging’s impact on forest ecosystems. Canopy’s work relies on the support of individual donors who share our passion for the planet. www.canopyplanet.org
TPH has been a recognized leader and innovator in the printing industry for 58 years. Specializing in short run, on demand printing, with 72 Company-owned locations from coast to coast, TPH consistently meets and exceeds customer expectations for service, quality and speed. For more information, visit www.tph.ca.
SOURCE: The Printing House Limited